Thursday, April 30, 2009

See ya later...

It’s so hard to believe that tomorrow is my last day. I can remember my first day like it was yesterday… wearing the most uncomfortable shoes because they were the only ones that matched and I wanted everything to flow right… only really it was like 8 months ago and I definitely still wear those shoes. Beauty is pain!
So maybe I should start by naming everything that I’ve learned and what I’ll take with me as I enter my next stage in life. First, I would just like to say that the most awarding thing about social work is watching all your hard work pan out. It is an amazing feeling knowing that you are helping another person and without your dedication, they may never be able to reach their ultimate dreams in life.
Another thing I’ve learned is patience. I mean, not that I’ve never had it before but I’ve learned that good things come to those who wait, even if it doesn’t always seem true or if it seemed like watching grass grow happened a lot faster… it’ll happen, just wait.
And lastly I’d just like to thank everyone I’ve met and/or worked with the past eight months. I want to thank everyone at the Supported Community Living Initiate for letting me be a part of this very rewarding experience and I’d also like to thank the people I’ve worked with and let them know that they’ve also helped me throughout the past year. They’ve helped me become a stronger person inside and helped make me understand the power of respect and determination.
So instead of saying goodbye I’m just gonna say, see ya later …because you only say goodbye if you’re not coming back. And I’ll be back.

No comments: